Steps to apply acrylic nails can not be arbitrary. If you love having acrylic nails and want to try making your own, you’ve come to the right article.
While it may seem simple when you watch a trained nail technician, it takes time and patience to learn how to apply acrylic nails yourself at home. However, it can be achieved with some practice! To help you get started, here, we’ve created a step-by-step guide.
How To Apply Acrylic Nails For Beginners
Tools you need to prepare:
• Cuticle Booster
• Nail Files & Block Buffing
• Nail Preparation/Dehydrator
• Acid Free Nail Primer
• Dappen dishes
• Acrylic Nail Brush
• Fiber Free Wipes
• Acrylic Powder
• Liquid Acrylic (we recommend Medium Speed or Maximum Adhesion for beginners as you have a slower drying time)
• Top Coat (either Air Dry, Mega Gloss or Matte Top Coat)
• Nail Tips (optional)
• Nail Glue (optional)
• Pure Acetone (optional)
• Cuticle Oil (optional)
• Clamping Tool (optional)
• Manicure Brush (optional)
Steps to apply acrylic nails
1. Gently push the cuticles back with your cuticle pusher, making sure that no cuticle remains on the nail bed, as the acrylic won’t stick to it.
2. Use the buffing block to remove all the shine on the nails by gently swiping left and right across the nail bed.
3. Remove dust with your manicure brush or wipe with acetone on a lint-free pad.
4. Choose the right sized nail tip that fits your nail and set it up.
5. Apply a small amount of nail glue to the tips that will meet your natural nail bed.
6. Press and hold the tip of the nail (with nail glue) firmly against the nail for about 10 seconds or until you can feel the tip sticking together. If the wings are lifting upwards, you can use tongs or angled tweezers to gently hold the wings down.
7. Using a nail clipper or nail clipper (more difficult to use), trim/snip the tip of the nail to the desired length.
8. File the tip of the nail to your desired shape (eg almond, square, coffin, etc) don’t file it upwards from the bottom of the tip though or you may cause it to come off, you can prop up the top of the nail while filing to prevent this from happening too .
If the tips are not yet fused with your natural nail and you can feel the bumps, gently rub the joints with a soft file and get a lint-free pad and apply a small amount of pure acetone to it. Wipe the pad side-to-side over the joint between the tip of your nail and your natural nail to make the tip blend into your nail.
7. Make sure no dust remains from filing the tip and apply nail preparation/dehydrator all over the nail bed, this will dry quickly leaving the nails slightly white/matte.
8. Apply an acid-free nail primer to the entire nail bed.
So a brief explanation of how to install acrylic nails for beginners, hopefully this article helps all of you who want to install acrylic nails. Thank you for coming, stay beautiful and healthy girl.